Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Clinton Anderson and a supple horse

I watched Clinton Anderson's advanced ground work and riding. It blew me away. In the ground work the horse is totally obedient and quick. Crossing fluidly demonstrating a remarkable relationship between horse and rider. Wow I want to do that. Similarly under saddle he is basically demonstrating leg yield, half pass, tempi changes, backing, pirouettes, turn on the 4 hand and turn on the haunches... all dressage movements and all very fluid. It made me realise my older horses all need improved suppleness and submission. Don't get me wrong, Kalae is a awesome horse but she could be better. The reason I am having trouble with my flying changes will be solved with improved suppleness and submission. I need to ask for more fluidity. I have started all my horses back to the beginning of ground work using the Clinton Anderson method.
The herd:
Freesia wont back up reliably and drops her shoulder in toward the person on the ground. She pulls back when tied up and doesnt tie.
Freederic has a very stiff neck and is difficult to bend. He is sensitive but could be quicker off the leg.
Divine needs to be more supple laterally.
Kalae needs improved fluidity and suppleness in lateral work. Fine tuning for more submission in transitions. More collection and control of 4 hand and HQ for improved flying changes.
Rupert is just in the colt starting stage.
Darlene needs respect on the ground. She tends to mow you over.
Pueo is very timid and can use desensitizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment