Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rupert in Main Arena - Almost ready for a rider

Look at this face, so relaxed, standing ground tied. Thank you Clinton Anderson for all the wonderful exercises and guidance via DVD and your http://www.noworriesclub.com/. I could not have gotten to this point this quickly. I think back to him dragging me across the property 2 months ago. Out of control, whinnying for his mom. Un-weaned,BIG and Dangerous! OMG what do I do.
Today he had not been in the main arena in weeks. He went in, I saddled him without incident. He was lunged and changed directions with a hint of body movement, disengaged to stop. He then backed and stood waiting for me. I stood on the mounting block on both sides and laid on him. Whirled the whip over his head and around his sides. He backed to light pressure on his nose. Put his head down to the ground w/ light pressure. Moved his hips away w/ light pressure. Moved his forehand 360 around his HQ. Moved his HQ 360 around his forehand. I ran up to him from all different directions with out spooking. Touched his nose to his side. Flicked fingers in his face. Hung off his side. desensitized w/ whip. What a good boy. I think he is almost ready for a rider.
PS He still is spooky w/ the plastic bags. I can get it within a foot of his body now though. But now that I have them flapping on the ground in the round pen he is getting more used to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment