Monday, July 6, 2009

First Week of July - Ruperts Log

Great strides this week! Every day 1-2 new things are introduced. Really scary this week was the whip whizzing thought the air over his head. Also me climbing on the RP top panel resulted in lots of snorting and spooking. But by day 2 of these new things he was calm.
He has been working on the sending exercise on line,backing, turn on the forehand, turn on haunches. Whip in figure eight while standing facing him and on each side. Leading, following the running water hose. Usually after 2 days off I put him off line in the Round pen initially and work on turning and some cantering.
On the 4th of July with fireworks popping in the back ground he worked well. Attentive and not afraid. I was able to Jump up and down holding onto his withers and back and really get some height with my torso bumping into him.
Yeah! And the big one - Rupert had his chest and neck hosed down with water while he was slurping the hose. Thanks Clinton Anderson.
We might not be putting the saddle on in a few days like Clinton but I am really happy with the month of work under our belt. I am thinking of laying on him this week but he is so tall I don't know if I can jump up. I need a leg up.
Sorry for the lack of photo's but it is a little challenging to work him with a camera in hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment