Friday, July 24, 2009

Full Body Bath for Rupert - July 23rd

After a 45 minute work out in the main arena I untacked Rupert. He has been ground tying so far. Standing calmly and still at the hitching rail as he enjoys being brushed. Over the past 2 weeks I have been able to hose down his chest and shoulder. I start out by turning on the hose and shooting it out in front of me while I lead him. I water the lawn a bit, spraying on each side of him and then spray his chest for 3 seconds and remove the spray to the ground to the side of him. This has been working well. Today I did similar but then sprayed his back and kept it on for 15 sec. He was antsy circling away but I kept the water on. He stood after some big disengaging type steps with the hind end. Got the HQ sprayed and went to the right side. He was surprisingly better. He tends to not like me on this right side.

I think of how his life has been changed these last few weeks. And what progress he has made. He will be ready to ride very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment