Friday, April 15, 2011

Oahu Dressage Show



Aloha State Dressage Society's show was set in beautiful Waimanalo. The venue was changed to a block down the street at the last minute due to weather issues. It was overcast, cooler and fortunately the rain stayed away. It was funny to see everyone in their sweat shirts and hoods on saying they were so cold. I was hot as I had just come from 3,000 foot Waimea on the Big Island where it was cold at 58 degrees.
A smaller show than normal it was great to see so many 2nd, 3rd and 4th level rides. Good going! I co-judged with Dolly Hannon which was great to compair my scores and see I was right there within 2-5 points. This was the first time I had judged the new tests. I like the new changes. Dolly had judged on Maui the prior weekend which I had missed due to working on the Big Island. She has great comments and I know the riders appreciated the input.

No comments:

Post a Comment